1. Are you dealing with a chip or a crack?
To determine whether or not you should replace the windshield, answer these few questions:
– Can the damage be covered entirely by a single dollar bill?
– Does your windshield have more than 3 chips on it?
– Is the damage to your windshield located near its edge?
– Is your line of sight obstructed by the damage?
As long as you answered yes to the first and no to the rest, you should be fine with just having your windshield repaired. Call: 678-842-3602
2. How bad does the chip in your glass look?
3. Is windshield repair a safe alternative to windshield replacement?
This quick fix is done by using a vacuum to remove all moisture and air from the damaged surface. The resin is applied and set with a UV light.
However, make sure you got to an auto glass mechanic that you trust, as not all places use the same processes or offer the same training. You want to go with a professional who really knows their way around a windshield.
4. What risks are involved with windshield replacement? Give us a call 678-842-3602
This concern comes from older generations. It used to be a valid concern, too. However, as technology and understanding in the field have progressed, it has become a safer and more trusted practice to replace windshields. Again, not all shops do the same great work. But if you go with someone you trust, you don’t have to worry.
Now that you know a little more about the benefits of both windshield repairs and replacements, you can make a better choice for your vehicle. If your windshield cracked just a little, or if that chipped windshield has 3 or fewer chips, you may not need to pay for a full replacement. But if that chipped windshield looks like a starry night with shooting star cracks as accent pieces, you might want to pay up to stay safe!